My name is Aderinola Adejare-Smith, but friends call me Derin. I am a wife, christian, resident physician, among other things. I love to write and created this blog in 2013 to motivate and uplift other individuals planning on going to medical school. Here you’ll find how I navigated the medical school application process, inspirational stories of successful medical students, my adventures both in and outside of medical school, and through my Anesthesiology residency. Lastly, you’ll find a plethora of advice and tips on medicine, marriage, and life overall, that I’ve picked up along the way.
I want to give, just as others have given to me, and teach, just as others have taught me.
**The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer**
- Forbes: “14 Women Of Color Medical Students And Graduates Who Matched Share On Soon Joining The Frontlines Amid COVID-19“
- Black Kids White Coats: “The Match Series: Anesthesiology“
- A Second Opinion: “Curve Balls & Med School (Derin Adejare-Smith)“
- Philly in Love: “Center City Engagement Session by Tonjanika Smith Photography“
- Accepted: “Following the MEDPATH to OSU College of Medicine“
- Black Man MD: “Health Career Spotlight: Aderinola ‘Derin’ Adejare“
- Accepted: “Gap Years, Blogging, and Applying to Med School: IV with Derin“