Category: Spiritual growth – Musings
So for yesterday’s service, my pastor talked about “appetite” as a driver. The message really resonated with me and I figured I’d share some of the takeaways.
So what is your appetite? It is what drives your decision, attitude, and mindset. For example, for us on the medical journey, whatever drives our decision to pursue this medical path (and that varies for each of us), is our appetite. Looking at Genesis 25:29 – 34, we can see that Esau’s appetite controlled the decision he made. Here, he was so hungry that he sold his birthright to Jacob; He let his hunger, his appetite control this enormous decision. This illustrates an important point:
Be careful of the things you love too much; Whatever you have an appetite for, is what you will pursue.
- Your life is determined by your pursuit.
- Your pursuit is determined by your appetite.
- Your appetite is fed by what you are exposed to.
- If you are hungry for God, you get the real deal
- If you are hungry for money, you want power
- If you are hungry for power, you want control
So going forward:
****Notes from a Sunday service at Redeem Christian Church of God – Living Spring .